Imagine exploring the world and visiting new historic locations without documenting your trip. Good travel cameras always come in handy when you go on vacation. You can take vacation images of your travel memories and experiences and share them with family and friends.
But with many travel cameras out there, it can be overwhelming to find the best for capturing your special moments. Here is a list of the best affordable travel cameras to help you narrow down your options.
What are the Best Small Travel Cameras for Your Money
This action camera has a waterproof body that is IPX7 water-resistant, which makes it well-suited for recording in all kinds of weather during the trip.
Brave 7 Le has a small size of 2.44 x 1.61 x 1.26 inches, which can comfortably fit your body. It weighs merely 1.57 pounds, which is the weight of an iPad.
One of the great things about an action camera like AKASO is that it is wearable and can be mounted everywhere. You can put it on your hat, chest, tripod or bike and enjoy your travel keeping your hands free.
This pocket camera shoots 4k videos and high-quality 20mp photos. It has a convenient dual-display, with the front screen, you can easily take selfies.
And with its 2.0 electronic image stabilization, you can get stable images as you move and walk in the travel.
It is Wi-Fi enabled and features wireless video/photo sharing using its compatible app AKASO Go so that you easily share your shots to Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, etc. Other useful features of this camera include slow motion, time-lapse, for your creation.
- ◆ Improved video resolution that can record 4k videos at 30fps;
- ◆ Effective image stabilization;
- ◆ It comes with two batteries;
- ◆ Has a selfie screen.
- ◆ Its selfie screen is very small;
- ◆ It cannot capture 4K at 60fps.
This is probably the smallest 4K camera you can get for travel and vlogging. The small travel camera is as small as 2.48 x 1.3 x 0.39 inches, which is nearly the size of a keychain; and it weighs as little as 1.2 ounces (as much as an egg).
The small travel camera comes with a magnetic body and a magnet board, with which you can place the camera on your chest, backpack, or any place you want. And there is also an Easy Clip to attach the camera to any place.
AKASO Keychain can be controlled from your phone. Its app comes with easy to use video editing features such as special effects, transition, music, etc. You can choose whatever you want to help you get the best results.
You can stay connected with your friends via the app by sharing your special moments on social media.
- ◆ Extremely small and lightweight;
- ◆ 4K & 30FPS Video / 20MP Photo;
- ◆ Support looping recording, time lapse, slow motion.
- ◆ 60 minutes of recording time for 4K/30fps recording.
3. Canon IVY REC
This small camera is compatible with your mobile phone and tablet and allows you to view images on the go. It has a removable micro SD memory card that you can use to view images on your computer. With the Canon Mini Cam app, you’ll get even more useful features. Canon IVY REC has a strong solid design to withstand the challenging conditions during traveling,
This camera is waterproof to 6 feet and is very suitable for use in a pool party or a trip to the beach. It also comes with plenty of features that make it durable. For instance, its shockproof nature means that you may drop it from a 2m height without damaging it.
- ◆ Controllable with any device with the Canon Mini Cam app;
- ◆ Built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth;
- ◆ Includes a Micro USB charging cable;
- ◆ Waterproof down to 6.6 feet.
- ◆ Trouble connecting to the app;
- ◆ Not for dark light.
4. Panasonic Lumix GX80
This compact travel camera comes loaded with many features that make taking photos on a trip easy. With a 16-million pixel four-thirds sensor and the micro four-thirds mount, the camera is highly compatible with many lenses from the manufacturer, Olympus, and some third-party manufacturers.
Panasonic Lumix GX80 comes with 4k photo modes and is good for recording 4K videos. You can extract still images from recorded video.
Also, if you wish to change the focus point of an image you have taken, this camera allows you to do just that. The GX80 has a slim design and comes with a 12-32mm kit lens. Its textured coating enables a comfortable grip of the camera. Your fingers will sit comfortably and firmly, thanks to the raised grip in front of this camera.
- ◆ Tiltable LCD with excellent touch features and implementation;
- ◆ Excellent still and 4K video quality;
- ◆ High build and image quality;
- ◆ Crisper images than earlier models with the same sensor;
- ◆ Quick AF in low light.
- ◆ Viewfinder image may shimmer for some people;
- ◆ The back control dial feels too small;
- ◆ No external mic input or CineLike profiles.
5. Canon EOS Rebel SL3 (Small DSLR)
Also called the EOS 250D, this camera is the most recent ultra-compact DSLR camera for traveling from this manufacturer. Its 24MP APS-C sensor comes with Dual Pixel autofocus that is accurate and easy to use. This small camera is known to have one of the most user-friendly guide modes. It can take high-quality images under many different circumstances. The battery life is great, which is great for traveling out all day.
Canon EOS Rebel SL3 is good for recording 4K videos. It has a passable 360-shot battery life in live view alongside Dual Pixel AF. The camera has a remote control and is Wi-Fi-enabled with Bluetooth allowing image transfer.
- Impressive 1,070 shot battery life (CIPA rating) using the optical viewfinder;
- Optical viewfinder with the secondary 9-point autofocus system;
- The fully articulating rear touchscreen;
- 4K video recording (with 1.7x crop);
- Excellent 'guide' mode for beginners.
- No in-body image stabilization;
- Not compatible with third-party flash units;
- A modest number of AF points.
Travel cameras are good for capturing epic travel memories and experiences. It can be overwhelming to decide the best one for your next trip with the numerous options out there. But with the above-listed options, choosing the best one is now easier.